About Todd Stevens
Todd has been practicing for over 20 years in Salmon Arm, BC, and takes a proactive approach to helping those from the community.
He is a graduate of Salmon Arm Senior Secondary School and West Coast College of Massage Therapy in Vancouver.
Todd lives on an acreage in Salmon Arm with his wife and son, amd enjoys the outdoors; walking, hiking, biking, skiing, really almost anything that gets him moving and having fun.
Todd has 2 very active dogs under the age of 3. Growing up, he played competitive hockey which drew him naturally towards massage therapy, and Todd focused on athletes early on in his career, including the local major junior hockey team, which was very rewarding.
As most people might know, athletes are only small percentage of the population and are already motivated to move. With both Todd’s mother and father having nursing backgrounds he quickly realized that all groups of our society from babies to seniors need access to massage therapy.
Keeping oneself active and mobile throughout life is a real roller-coaster; some days are fun while others can be hard, and Todd’s role is to help patients enjoy life by assisting in keeping the body tuned and functional.
What Massage Therapists (RMTs) Do
- RMTs are trained to evaluate individual health needs, and provide active and passive techniques for complete patient care
- RMTs provide an accurate assessment, differential diagnosis, and prognosis of specific soft tissue and musculoskeletal conditions
- RMTs act upon the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems to improve health
BC’s Registered Massage Therapists also:
- have the highest training standards in North America
- have mandatory continuing education and upgrading
- are linking research to practice, including providing evidence-based patient education and remedial exercise
- have a specialized program at an accredited college
- have completed the BC registration exams set by the College of Massage Therapists of BC (CMTBC), and must continue with post-graduate studies to maintain registration
- honour a strict code of ethics set by the CMTBC, which ensures that patients receive safe, competent, and ethical care
Booking Your Treatment.
Call us, email, or use the form on our contact us page to book your massage therapy appointment at Todd Stevens’ Salmon Arm practice.